Due to the exceptional circumstances caused by the COVID 19 pandemic, the RMR Foundation is accepting donations on behalf of Branch 14 (RMR Association) the Royal Canadian Legion for their 2020 Poppy Campaign in order to allow them to meet their obligations to those who depend on them.
Poppies can be mailed to you – there is a section at the end of the donation form “WOULD YOU LIKE A POPPY MAILED TO YOU?”
Say yes and we will mail you a poppy the same day the donation is received. No guarantees on the delivery, that’s up to Canada Post.
All funds donated will be transferred to Branch 14, however NO TAX RECEIPTS WILL BE PROVIDED – precisely as if you had made a donation in person at a Legion poppy kiosk.
The Legion provides financial assistance and support to Veterans, and their families who are in need. Examples of what Poppy Funds may be used for:
– Grants for food, heating costs, clothing, prescription medication, medical appliances and equipment, essential home repairs and emergency shelter or assistance.
– Housing accommodation and care facilities, particularly for homeless veterans.
– Comforts for Veterans and their surviving spouses who are hospitalized and in need.
– Accessibility modifications to assist Veterans with disabilities
– Promotion and administering of Remembrance activities to ensure Canadians never forget the sacrifices of Canada’s Veterans